Project Management for IT Professionals
An IT project manager is a professional charged with overseeing the process of planning, executing and delegating responsibilities around an organization’s information technology (IT) pursuits and goals.
This course, Project Management for Information Technology Professionals, focuses more specifically on how project management concepts can be applied to IT projects, as well as on project management issues that are unique to IT projects. It reviews the concepts, methodologies, and tools of project management as it relates to IT.
Participants will also learn about fundamentals, such as integration management, scope, costing, quality, human resources, risk management, and procurement.
Who Should Attend
Project Managers who manages IT projects (software development, IT infrastructure).
- Apply concepts from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) to IT projects
- Explain the technical processes during an IT project life cycle
- Explain the challenges associated with delivering IT projects on time
- Show different techniques for managing the project schedule
- Discuss why cost management is difficult for IT projects
- Describe cost estimation methods and Earned Value Management
- Explain maturity models and how they are used to improve IT projects
- Explain various approaches for team building and communicating
- Describe scope control and different ways to manage project scope
- Discuss different sources of IT project risk and how to manage them
- Describe issues related to IT project procurement, such as outsourcing
IT project life cycles
- Agile review
Review project management processes
IT Schedule Management Challenges
- Delivering IT projects on time
- Different techniques for managing the schedule
- Managing multiple projects
IT Cost Management Challenges
- Cost estimation methods
- Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Maturity models
IT People Management
- Stakeholder management
- Team building
- Interpersonal skills
Other IT Project Challenges
- Scope control on IT projects
- Risk management on IT projects
- Procurement and managing IT vendors
The class contains numerous exercises, as well as a major case study.
5 days – 40 hours
40 PDUs (32 Technical, 8 Leadership, 0 Strategic)
PMI REP Ref.ª: 1774-PM00.00IT
PMI®, PMP®, PMBOK® Guide e REP® são marcas registadas do Project Management Institute, Inc.