Who Should Attend
- Project Managers who manages IT projects (software development, IT infrastructure).
- Managers that manage project managers and monitor IT project status.
- Apply concepts from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) to IT projects
- Explain the technical processes during an IT project life cycle
- Explain the challenges associated with delivering IT projects on time
- Show different techniques for managing the project schedule
- Discuss why cost management is difficult for IT projects
- Describe cost estimation methods and Earned Value Management
- Explain maturity models and how they are used to improve IT projects
- Explain various approaches for team building and communicating
- Describe scope control and different ways to manage project scope
- Discuss different sources of IT project risk and how to manage them
- Describe issues related to IT project procurement, such as outsourcing
None, this class provides a basic overview of all aspects of IT project management.
IT project life cycles
- Agile review
Review project management processes
IT Schedule Management Challenges
- Delivering IT projects on time
- Different techniques for managing the schedule
- Managing multiple projects
IT Cost Management Challenges
- Cost estimation methods
- Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Maturity models
IT People Management
- Stakeholder management
- Team building
- Interpersonal skills
Other IT Project Challenges
- Scope control on IT projects
- Risk management on IT projects
- Procurement and managing IT vendors
The class contains numerous exercises, as well as a major case study.
5 days – 40 hours
40 Total PDUs – 32 Technical / 8 Leadership / 0 Strategic
PMI REP Ref.ª: 1774-PM00.00IT
PMI®, PMP®, PMBOK® Guide e REP® são marcas registadas do Project Management Institute, Inc.