Much of the work that you do can be organized as a project. The ability to successfully define and subsequently manage an IT project is quickly leaving the realm of the extraordinary and is becoming a core competency for many organizations. Managing an IT project is not easy and project management skills do not come naturally to many people. Fortunately, the skills associated with defining and managing an IT project can be learned. Understanding and practicing the concepts taught in this class increases the likelihood of success on the IT project.
Who Should Attend
- Project Managers who manages IT projects (software development, IT infrastructure).
- Managers that manage project managers and monitor IT project status.
- Apply concepts from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) to IT projects
- Explain the technical processes during an IT project life cycle
- Explain the challenges associated with delivering IT projects on time
- Show different techniques for managing the project schedule
- Discuss why cost management is difficult for IT projects
- Describe cost estimation methods and Earned Value Management
- Explain maturity models and how they are used to improve IT projects
- Explain various approaches for team building and communicating
- Describe scope control and different ways to manage project scope
- Discuss different sources of IT project risk and how to manage them
- Describe issues related to IT project procurement, such as outsourcing
None, this class provides a basic overview of all aspects of IT project management.
IT project life cycles
- Agile review
Review project management processes
IT Schedule Management Challenges
- Delivering IT projects on time
- Different techniques for managing the schedule
- Managing multiple projects
IT Cost Management Challenges
- Cost estimation methods
- Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Maturity models
IT People Management
- Stakeholder management
- Team building
- Interpersonal skills
Other IT Project Challenges
- Scope control on IT projects
- Risk management on IT projects
- Procurement and managing IT vendors
The class contains numerous exercises, as well as a major case study.
5 days – 40 hours
40 Total PDUs – 32 Technical / 8 Leadership / 0 Strategic
Próximas Datas[events_list category=”Project Management for IT Projects”] Receba informação sobre datas das próximas edições
PMI®, PMP®, PMBOK® Guide e REP® são marcas registadas do Project Management Institute, Inc.